Social media is rarely discussed as an element of successful grant writing. But in the modern age of grant writing, social networks can be an important tool for improving your success rate.
Here are a few ways in which you can utilize social media for your nonprofit’s grant writing:
- Find new grant opportunities and new grant makers
- Connect with funders and open the door to the possibility of a grant award
- Get questions answered from funders on the grantmaking process
- Crowdsource these questions to a wider audience to get feedback on the past experiences of others
- Share milestones and accomplishments with funders
So consider your social media networks as an important tool for growing your nonprofit, increasing your grant writing success rate, and communicating with your community and with stakeholders.