Writing a federal government grant can be a huge project, one that often involves a team of people working closely together under great duress.
You can decrease that stress by taking a few steps to prepare, including:
- Completing this five-step grant registration process as early as possible
- Setting — and sticking to — deadlines for completing drafts
- Alerting partnering organizations that MOUs are needed, ASAP
- Read the review criteria to get ideas on what aspects of the application are most important
- Review this thorough list of applicant resources and tools put together by Grants.gov
The first federal government grant is always the hardest — after you’ve got one under your belt, it gets easier!
Click here for more tips on writing — and managing — a federal grant.
Learn more about our grant writing services here.